Pubs reopening from 17th May 2021
Pubs and clubs in England will be able to reopen their indoor areas from Monday 17th May. The CAMRA WhatPub guide will be updated to show all the pubs and clubs in the branch area that we know are opening from 17th May. Tick the box that says Only show venues with information about COVID-19 temporary arrangements, and search for Watford & District (CAMRA). Hospitality venues will be opening with the following restrictions:
- Indoor areas will be open for gatherings of up to 6 people or 2 households (a support bubble counts as a single household).
- Only table service will be allowed, and you will have to remain seated when eating and drinking.
- Up to 30 people can meet in outdoor areas like beer gardens.
- Every member of your party over the age of 16 will have to check in and provide their contact details when they arrive at the pub. This can be done by scanning the NHS Trace QR code using the NHS Test & Trace app on your phone, but pubs must also be able to take the details of anyone who doesn't have a smartphone or who doesn't want to use the app.
- You will need to maintain social distancing from other customers not in your group and to wear a face covering when not seated to eat or drink.
Most pubs are operating a booking system, so please contact them before visiting to make sure there is space. Also, some pubs will have additional rules regarding one-way systems, access to toilets and other things. Phone the pubs for information or visit their websites or social media pages.
The information in WhatPub was mostly compiled from pub social media pages, so it is likely to be incomplete. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of any pubs that are opening from the 17th May and that are not on the list.
COVID restrictions in Watford and the surrounding area
Please see the links to council websites below for information about Coronavirus restrictions, support and grants available to local businesses.
- Watford Borough Council
- Three Rivers District Council
- Hertsmere Borough Council
- Hertfordshire County Council
Supporting local pubs and breweries
Pubs & bottle shops/off licences
This search in CAMRA's Whatpub online pub guide will show you pubs in the branch area that are operating under current restrictions.
The following local breweries are also supplying beer:
- Creative Juices Brewing Company
- Beer is available to order and collect, or the brewery will deliver to several postcodes. Please see the website for details. Depending on availability the brewery can also supply beers from other local brewers.
- Lock 81 Brewery
- Beers available at Wishful Drinking bottle shop in Rickmansworth and Anchor Tap & Bottle in Croxley Green. Beers have also been supplied by Creative Juices.
- Paradigm Brewery
- Deliver direct. Bottles are also available at Wishful Drinking and Anchor Tap & Bottle.
- Pope's Yard Brewery
- Bottles available at the usual outlets. Can also deliver direct, depending on availability.
Brew2You is a website and app that you can use to find locally brewed beers, ciders and perries for home delivery or collection. Local producers can become partners and create their own store on the Brew2You platform.
- GOV.UK COVID site
- The UK government guidance site, linking to information pages for business support as well as public health, transport and education.
- NHS COVID site
- The latest information and advice about COVID-19 from the NHS.
- CAMRA: Pulling Together
- Main CAMRA Pulling Together campaign web page.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information on this page is accurate and up to date, no responsibility for errors and omissions can be accepted but I am looking for updates to be posted as and when they become available.This page is maintained by . Last update of this site: 16th May 2021